Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One night @ the railway station


It was a nice chill winter day. On 21-Dec I left my office a bit early than usual. I was about to leave for kalyan in an hours time with my family. My wife and children were already waiting for me at Pune railway station. I reached there at 6:00pm and found them on Platform number 1. At 6:30 pm train arrived at platform Number 2, we stepped in to the train and sat on our reserved seats. At 6:35pm train left Pune station, I was bit nervous because this is the first time when I was having a train journey with my wife and kids. On the way my whole concentration was on my kids. It was a 3 hours journey to kalyan station. All went well, at 9:15PM train stopped at Kalyan station, we all went down from train and moved towards waiting room, which was on platform number 4. We entered in to the waiting room and placed our luggage safely. I told my wife to take care of children; meanwhile I will do the formalities for staying in waiting room. Our next train was at 1:15Am, with in few minutes we all got settled. We had our dinner in waiting room only. With in an hour’s time my daughter started yawning. She was feeling sleepy, in a few minutes she slept on her mothers shoulder. My Son started playing with some mobile games.

I knew that next 4 hours are going to be a nightmare for me; I can’t sleep because I have to look after my family and luggage. I was awake till 12:30Am and suddenly railway announcement told us that our train is delayed by 3 hours. I was totally depressed and thought its Indian railway and it’s quite usual. I knew that now I will not get sleep for this night. All went to sleep in waiting room there were very few people who were awake like me. I was feeling sleepy and my eyes turned red. At 4:15Am another announcement happened and this time we were lucky, because in few minutes our train was about to reach the platform.

Train was arriving on the same platform. I told my wife and children to wake up, we all started moving out of waiting room, in a few minutes train arrived, we all boarded in to the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment